Our speed reading course has built-in techniques to improve memory.
Here is the list of the best books we’ve found helpful for improving memory.
Adventures in Memory – The Science and Secrets of Remembering and Forgetting by Hilde Ostby and Yiva Ostby
Speed reading techniques have memory techniques included such as:
- Setting purpose and attention
- Being in a good state and emotional engagement and interest
- Taking notes: mindmap / rhizomap
- Repetition (previewing, work session, rapid reading)
- Talking (to self during, to a colleague after)
- Building links/associations with what you already know
- Brain gym and exercise boosts oxygen and nutrients to the brain (glycogen levels higher after exercise)
- Relaxation improves the blood flow to areas of the brain used for memory and reduces stress which can cause memory loss.
- Watch your diet. Drink water and coffee to improve the powers of recall.
- Review & novelty
Read more on how to improve memory